Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Little Splash Of Color...

What do you think of when someone new comes into your life? Me, well I do my best to keep an open mind because there may come a time where their insight may be the difference between doing something stupid and doing something smart that may have been over looked or thought of as stupid. 

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in search of an idea I found on a website called pinterest... its Matte Finish Nail Polish. Not that supper glossy look of most all polishes out there but matte. I know I am a smart girl and I know I have some smart thoughts but this one is going to have to go down in the record books as a mistake gone....RiGhT!

Ok so here is the photo I had found on pinterest:
Pinned Image

This is a top coat by Essie...that gives a dull look to your polish...

Say this with me, "Hello, brain"....back in the day I had made a small insignificant mistake when doing my nails. I had run out of top coat and so since I had only ridge filler polish I decided to use that as my top coat. Yeah, well little did I know it took my lovely shiny shimmery polish and made it look like a cheap fake bland looking color. I was not happy and I was none the wiser...I took off the polish and left the ridge filler polish off the top. Happily I went on my way.

Speed up to todays time and about roughly 3 weeks ago when I went in search of this "AWESOME" new polish to matte finish my nails....Walking through my local Sallys Beauty Supply it hit me...Like a bag of dirt...HELLO....Danielle use the ridge filler. So with out haste I grabbed the ridge filler polish and out the door I went (after paying of course)...Got home and began to break out in to my experiment mode...

The Angels Sang and the Heavens opened up to show their pleasure with my great discovery....LOL YeaH RighT... No but seriously I accomplished what I had set out to find and I in the process made me realize that my mistake has now made someone Very Very Rich.... So go out and get yourself the following...


Then these are the steps to the finished look ...
1.  Use your Top Coat as a base coat or use a Base Coat as your base either will work...

2.  Then use a color of choice and apply one to two coats of color and let dry completely...

3.  Apply ridge filler and as it drys watch your shiny/glossy finish dull...
**I took photos but they didnt come out very well...(I dont have a high tech camera) :)

So now that you know how easy it is to do you can do it yourself (DIY) or if you want to you can also get the pre-made matte polish....I found some FINALLY at Big K, its by Revlon, Matte Suade... Happy painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment