Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bazaar, The Trips We Take Down Memory Lane....

My last and final trip of the summer consisted of going to Memphis, TN and Canandaigua, NY... It was a combination trip to see my nephew Brandon because he had graduated from HS and the stop in Memphis was to help Celebrate the nuptials and pregnancy of my son Nick's Dad, Patrick and future but now new Wife, Patricia...say that fast 5 times... OK so any ways back on target.

About 3 days before we left Missouri I was on FB (Facebook) to see what the happenings were and found out that one of my best friends, from high school, Dad had passed away. I was heart broken...all of the memories raced through my brain of, the times I had seen him, when the last time I talked to him was and all of my minds history book where he frequently appeared... I was truly sad! With all the busyness of planning my trip and all the things to be done I made sure that I took the time to send a little something with a card to tell Theresa and Tiffany, along with the rest of the family, I was thinking about them. So back to the way the mind brings you to a place and time where we once felt...a place where our current lives seemed so far out of reach and we felt that the future was NEVER going to get here.

I arrived in NY at another of my best friends house...we had made plans for those of us from the Class of 1992 were all going to get together and have an UN-Official Class Reunion. Blasted out on FB we laughed at how old we were and how we would never be able to stay out til 2am and all this and that... long and short of it all was we were going to go on Friday Night. It was set so I thought until that morning I posted that we wanted to get a head count of who was going to show or not...yeah well no one replied... So Paul and I decided to make plans of a different sort. We continued our trip down, my, memory lane with a visit to my bestest (yeah I know its not a real word but I still like to use it), longest, and oldest friends Dad. Side Bar: Shaunessy (my Bestest) called me early this year with the news that her Dad has cancer... It sucked, we cried and talked about the best and worst case scenarios. I couldn't believe that it was possible that my second father was sick.... All things set aside our visit was fabulous...

My visit with Theresa and Tiffanie was pretty much just as stellar as the one with Tom... we talked laughed and had a wonderful time. Later that week I was out to my Dad's and after talking to Tiffanie and thinking about all the fun times we had I for the first time remembered that HS wasn't all bad, so I went up to the attic and found 3 of my 6 yearbooks and brought them home... now most of my memories are in front of my face, there to remind me that my life is good, filled with joy and I am over all blessed to be loved and thought of fondly by others...

Just when you are thinking that things are not going so well take a break pour yourself a glass of wine and stroll down memory lane...It takes little energy and the smile that crosses your face will surprise you and lift you to a place where ALL things are Possible and Your dreams are still with in reach...

I hope you enjoyed.... Now go take a walk! : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to see the positives in all of this. You are such an awesome person!

    ReplyDelete