Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pointing a Finger Can...Poke an Eye Out!!

It has come to my recent attention that there are a lot of people who like to point the finger....While pointing the finger can mean many things, for one, I am pointing my finger to tell you directions because you are lost...or I am pointing my finger to your face because you have a little schmutz on it...maybe even I am pointing to my teeth to let you know you have some of this afternoons salad stuck between two teeth... What ever the case may be there are several ways you can positively point the finger...

In the case I am talking about, it is NOT directional, positive, constructive or for grooming purposes. It is because the person wants to point out how inappropriate it was that LiFe had taken a hold of you, and you genuinely forgot to follow through with something... I am not perfect nor do I claim to be the expert on all things right but I do try to live my life to the very simple rule of... "When you point a finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you!" OK so now take a minute and try it out...Point to something with the pointer finger pointing out where do the middle, ring and pinky point? Now your catching my drift....

My hubby and I are very aware of our obligations and we make good & follow through on what we have committed to doing. We try to be good parents teaching our children to take responsibility for their actions...that there are consequences for such said things and always remember that when you are pointing a finger at someone you are pointing 3 more back at you so your not with out faults. So being a parent that does that to the best of their ability I can now say this...with 3 fingers pointing back at me... "get off my case about what I have to do for you. You have others who are NOT claiming responsibility for so much more and they don't even acknowledge their responsibility! Until they are held to the same standard you have set for me then WE can talk about my faults! You have overlooked their LACK of RESPECT for you and it is OK because "poor mijo"...cut the coddling and stick it to him like you ALWAYS do to me!"

Whoa!!....I feel better!

So maybe your saying to yourself, why am I talking here instead of saying those words to the culprit thats causing me angst, or why be so vague why not just tell us all what is going on... Well its as simple as these few things...The one I love is far more important than "Sticking It" to someone. I was raised to have respect for others and even if they hurt me remember they have their faults, only I am responsible for my actions, causing pain for someone I Love is not worth the pain I would cause... It's more important to me to take the high road, than it is having the last word or starting an argument. Lashing out on them right now would only fall on deaf ears. Besides isn't far better to be there for someone else who may be out there faced with a similar situation. They need to know ..."Their NOT the only ONE!"

2 comments:

  1. I just love you. I have no comments other than those I told you over the phone. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girlie...LOL Paul made me laugh cus he didnt understand why I was being vague... :)

    ReplyDelete